Melanson Precision is a full service fabrication shop that understands and solves the challenges that engineers and production managers face every day. We are a high-tolerance, high-quality shop dedicated to unconditional customer service and getting your job done on-time and on-budget.
Our mature group of fabricating specialists has decades of hands-on experience and the team is fully versed in the latest technologies, 3D modeling, and programming tools. From initial design to painting and finishing … we do it all. Many of our customers have been with us for decades and we are proud to say that while producing tens of thousands of parts per year, our customer satisfaction rating is consistently above 97%.
Design and Fabrication Capabilities
With more than 75 years of experience with varied projects, augmented with the latest in fabrication technology, Melanson Precision Metal Fabrication Division can assure custom work done to exacting standards from start to finish.
Computer Design CAD Services
Melanson Precision offers well integrated CAD packages and routinely makes these services available to customers. Customers utilize our file upload service to streamline the design/build process. Our Engineering Group consists of Mechanical Engineers, skilled draftsmen, and experienced CAD programmers. We can output files in all industry standard formats including; .DWG and .DXF.
- CAD/CAM System Solidworks 2008, AutoCAD 2006 , Inventor 10
Files accepted: IGES, DWG, DXF, CDL
- Design Assistance Melanson Precision provides design assistance services. Although we are not a dedicated design firm, we are a powerful design partner. We like to call our approach “Value Engineering”. In short, we’ll do everything we can to make your project as cost effective as possible without compromising quality or design.
- Prototyping Melanson Precision handles the design of your prototype from concept to final fabrication drawing. Our prototype design services include engineering, computer modeling, and assembly of fabrication shop drawings and instructions. Melanson Precision designs only mechanical prototypes. The prototypes we design and have fabricated often lead to production quantities.
SEND FILES – File Upload Services Information Appears Below
- Punching Our Strippit 1500 H130 handles most of our CNC punching duties. with ±.004″(0.1mm) finished part accuracy and ±.002″(0.05mm) finished part repeatability with combined axis traverse speeds up to 4020 in./min. (102m/min.). The Strippit machine offers high performance rates of 900 hits per minute for nibble operations, and features a 2.5 meter travel X-axis with a table size of 60″ x 100″ (1500x2540mm) and punches material in thicknesses up to .312″ (8mm). A 60″ (1500mm) throat depth maximizes sheet utilization and part nesting.
- Multi- Axis Amada Laser / CADMan software Our multi-axis Amada laser and CADMan software enable us to specialize in 2D laser cutting. Our experienced team of designers, machinists and fabricators can assist with your rapid prototyping, or already existing projects. Whether your run is for one part or several thousand we have the resources and experience to get the job done.
- Waterjet In keeping with our tradition of staying on the leading edge of technology in our field, we have been using the CNC Omax Abrasive waterjet system for many years. It can precision cut materials such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, stone, glass and plastic up to several inches thick
Whether it’s a small cabinet for a control unit or a huge mainframe array, Melanson has the equipment, and more importantly the experience, to make your job move through the shop quickly, efficiently and to your specifications. We provide our customers with precision formed parts utilizing Cincinnati 175 CBII CNC Press Brakes. Customer part programs can be saved in the CNC control memory for fast repeat runs. This along with the quick-change tooling greatly reduces setup time, allowing us to pass on the savings to our customers, making us competitive in an ever changing marketplace.
CNC Machining – Milling, Boring, Drilling, Tapping, Turning
Our CNC machines stand ready to produce your products from a wide variety of materials from standard aluminum and stainless to exotic metals. We produce parts to very tight tolerances (+- .0001″) and programmed via our CAD/CAM system by our experienced staff, you can be sure that your prototype or production machined parts will be right on.
- Okuma Cadet-Mate incorporates the most advanced engineering features and innovations available today. It’s equipped with a high-speed, high-power 15 HP VAC spindle drive, 20 position automatic tool changer, brushless servo system and CNC control. Combined, these features guarantee efficient and accurate machining on all of your jobs.
- Okuma Crown “Big Bore” CNC Turning Center Equipped with a high torque 24 HP (18 kW) VAC spindle drive, 12 position servo driven tool turret, a brushless servo system, encoder and the Okuma OSP 700L CNC, 2 axis control, it’s a powerful and accurate tool for chucking and shaft work in a variety of lot sizes. This total engineered system assures consistently high performance over an extended work life.
Welding – Mig, Tig, and fluxcore
Experience and capacity are well established strengths in our fully equipped welding shop. We’re well known for our clean and structurally sound welds, and we specialize in Mig, Tig, and fluxcore welding. Precision or not, small job or large, Melanson Precision is here to get your job done on time and on budget. Please call us with your special welding needs today.
Panels, switch plates, consoles, directional signs, safety signage – all in a days work here at Melanson Precision. We’ll work closely with you to ensure you get the best possible finish on your product. Our experts in our paint and powdercoating department will ensure that every project that leaves our building looks great and is ready to go.
If you need to send us any files, you may do so using the form below. It will be sent to our Rutland office.
You can upload ( .jpg, .cdl, .drw, .dwg, .dxf, .doc, .gif, .htm, html, .pdf, .prt, .txt .zip .png) files only!
Melanson Precision Gallery of Projects
Below are a few of the projects we have handled, as well as some interior industrial images. Click on each image to enlarge and view.
Precision Metal Fab Division
126 Spruce Street
Rutland, VT 05701
For inquiries in Rutland, please contact:
Web Site: www.melansonprecision.com